Saturday, February 22, 2014

Waiting To Feel Good


I’m sure a lot of people can sympathize with this feeling whether it’s while struggling with a cold or also a chronic pain condition.  Frequently I feel like I’m in a holding pattern – circling the activity I want to do – just waiting to feel better so I can actually do it.  Activities such as cleaning house, cooking dinner, grocery shopping, or going to the gym are generally “tasks” for most of the population.  When you don’t feel good though, it becomes a mountainous task.  Today I put on my yoga pants at 10am.  It’s 1pm now and as I walked into the bedroom to put on my socks & shoes I decided to blog instead of putting them on.  I wipe my eyes, rub my head, take a deep breath – think good thoughts.  Some days I can push through, but when every day you have to push through just to get any kind of task completed it can begin to feel overwhelming.  I may or may not end up at the gym today, time will tell.  Some days are better than others.  Let’s hope this is going to end up being one of the better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment