Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Today's the Day!


So today is the day that everything could change…or stay the same.  I’m getting my first treatment of Botox for my chronic migraines.  It’s possible that it will take a couple of rounds of Botox before I notice any difference.  (Botox can only be given every 3 months)  I always prefer to err on the side of optimism though.  I don’t want to put all my eggs in one basket, but I’m hopefully optimistic that I’m soon going to be on the road to some kind of recovery from the chronic daily pain that has marred my life for the past few years.

In just one hour from now I will be sitting in front of my Doctor allowing him to inject me 31 times with a needle all over my forehead, head and neck in the hopes that this “celebrity drug” is the answer I needed.  A few years ago I abhorred any type of shot.  When I first started having to go to my Doctor for an emergency shot of meds to help with my migraine pain, my husband always went with me and held my hand.  Now after all the numerous injections/procedures I’ve had – countless blood draws, near daily IV treatments for 3 weeks to help with migraines, a c-section to deliver my son, I know I can do this!  Ideally, I’d have my husband with me to hold my hand through the pain, but he’s going to watch our son.  Having our son at home, on his schedule in a comfortable setting will give me peace of mind.  I know this is going to hurt, but I truly believe in mind over matter!  I don’t meditate or anything like that, but I’m hoping as long as I go into this with positive thoughts I can get through it.  I CAN do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment