Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Let There Be Light


I’m on my third day in a row of a very low pain level.  And to be honest, I’m not really in pain, I just still mark it on my scale of 1-10 because I’ve still had some sensitivities and issues.  However, in the big scheme of things I have felt great for the last 3 days.  I haven’t had to take any meds, lay down or use ice.  Last night, I even caught myself saying, “It’s dark in here, we need to turn on some lights!”  That’s a VERY rare statement for me as I am normally the one turning off all the lights.  Today I was able to open some blinds and even sit outside.  I still wore sunglasses while outside, but I wasn’t squinting behind those sunglasses.   

I can’t even begin to describe the elation I feel for how well I’m feeling.  Unless you’ve been in pain for as long as I have been and tried the number of medicines, treatments, supplements, etc. I’m just not sure one can truly understand.  I didn’t sleep well at all last night and woke up early unable to go back to sleep.  Normally by noon I would have been medicating or having to lie down.  It’s 8pm and I’m still going strong.  Of course I’m tired and have that kind of hungover feeling when you just haven’t gotten enough sleep, but I’ll take that ANY day over having chronic migraines!

I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch, but today it’s been two weeks exactly since I had my first Botox treatment.  I’m hoping this reprieve from pain is not short lived and I can begin to enjoy my life fully again.  I have so many things I want to do…but that’s another blog post.  For now – Let there be light!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment