Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Witching Hour of Migraines

Have you ever heard of the witching hour in relation to babies?  It’s usually between 5pm and their bedtime or just the evening in general.  It’s when babies are fussy and you try everything to make them happy. 
Well, I have a witching hour of migraines!  When I worked FT I always went to the gym during my lunch hour around 11am and ate right afterwards.  Once my migraines turned chronic, I noticed that I always started to feel bad sometime between 11am and 1pm.  At first, I thought it was due to my workout or something I ate or something I didn’t eat.  Now I generally have pain all the time no matter the time of day, but they still tend to get worse between 11am and 1pm.  So, I’ve termed it my witching hour.  I do everything to try and make my migraines happy – I drink extra water, stop any activity that I think may be aggravating them, drink a caffeinated beverage, eat something warm and soothing.  If you’ve ever suffered from migraines, you know how it is – you’re constantly wondering what could be causing the pain.  Is it something you did, something you didn’t do?  The questioning can drive you insane alone.  There really is no answer.  I’ve had chronic migraines for about 2 years now and no matter what I do, my witching hour is still about 11am-1pm.  Some days I sail right through and for those days I’m always grateful.  But for those other days when the witching hour persists – no matter the fact I know the outcome, I try everything in my power to keep the extra pain at bay.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment